Image-Film MBA Financial Management
Our Target group
Our target group are young professionals with proven intellectual vitality and leadership potential.
This makes our MBA unique:
- Specialized MBA with highly international student group
- Integration into German job market via 20-week Internship
- Excellent learning environment (1:6 Instructor/Student-ratio)
- Syllabus inclusion of A2 German language Goethe certificate
- Bloomberg Lab and Certification
- Low tuition fees and extraordinary services and support
- MBA program Financial Management with the FIBAA premium seal
It is the only English-taught international full-time MBA program in Germany with a dedicated focus on finance.
From 2023, the program offers an optional Dual Degree from USC Australia – without prolonging your studies!
Applications are welcomed from graduates from all disciplines with 2 years relevant work experience.
If you are interested in general management and finance, have an entrepreneurial spirit, are globally-minded and ambitious, our MBA program Financial Management could be just right for you. Our internationally accredited MBA program is designed to promote the knowledge and skills of graduate students seeking leadership responsibilities in the area of Financial Management and to enhance their social, methodological and IT-management competencies.
How did other students experience studying Financial Management at Coburg University? See their ratings on StudyCHECK.
Excursion Financial Management
Financial Management students have an international outlook and are driven by determination, resilience and creativity. Currently, around 60 post-graduate students from 27 countries are enrolled.
The program is internationally-oriented and especially geared to the requirements of international students. For German students, the MBA in Financial Management presents a unique opportunity to profit from a friendly, cross-cultural, international learning environment.
The vast majority of graduates remain in Germany after completing their studies in Coburg. Often they are employed by international corporations.
Generally, graduates find it easy to procure a professional position in their areas of choice, primarily: Finance and Banking, Management Accounting, Treasury, Business Strategy, Consulting. Initial assignments typically are: Finance Director, Financial Controller, Corporate Treasurer, Financial Analyst, SAP Consultant, FX Manager or Risk Analyst.
Recently our graduates have successfully launched their post-MBA careers at companies such as adidas, Allianz, Bosch, BMW, Brose, Commerzbank, Continental, Daimler, Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Börse, Deutsche Bundesbank, E.ON, Henkel, Knorr-Bremse, KPMG, Linde, Metro, Opel, Schaeffler, SAP, Siemens and Volkswagen.
"The MBA Financial Management at Coburg University helped me to shape my career in finance. Courses like the Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) Preparation adds value to the degree by creating different landscapes of opportunities for highly motivated young students. Diversity of the program is something which makes it really special and the support from the administration was simply amazing."
Narayan Bhusal, Treasury Manager, Hillenbrand Inc. (USA) (Graduate, Class of 2017)
"The MBA provided us with a wide range of skills, teaching us not just theory but strategic and management skills."
Anastasia Dalatsi, Financial Statement Assurance Services, Ernst & Young (Graduate, Class of 2015)
During your studies you will build your foundation in general and financial management. Electives allow you to specialise in areas of particular interest and thereby to develop expertise with your career ambitions in mind.
Integrated German language classes allow you to exploit the most attractive opportunities for your internship. After the practical semester you will be well equipped to combine your theoretical and practical knowledge in your master thesis.
Base Modules of Financial Management
- Human Resource Management and Leadership
- Financial Management Accounting
- International Tax and Legal Systems
- Intercultural Management and Ethics
- Business Strategy and International Marketing
- Information and Communication Systems
Core Modules of Financial Management
- International Economics
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Treasury Management
- Risk Management
German Language Courses
German language classes are offered at various levels of proficiency and are free of charge to enrolled students of the MBA program Financial Management. Our introductory courses are integrated into the curriculum and do not require any previous German language skills.
Students complete a placement test for German and / or provide a relevant language certificate. The compulsory language module German Intensive Course I concludes with the German exam Goethe-Zertifikat A1, the German compulsory module German Intensive Course II concludes with the German exam Goethe-Zertifikat A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- Applied Risk Management
- Business Psychology and Negotiation
- Current Topics in International Finance
- Digital Transformation & Innovative Finance
- European History and Culture
- Finance and Quantitative Modelling
- Financial Derivatives
- Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Islamic Finance & Banking
- Issues in Political Science
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As)
- Operations Management
- Risk and Insurance Management
- Selected Topics in Corporate Finance
We believe that academic education at Coburg University is not limited to a classroom environment, but also happens off campus. Hence, we expose and connect our students to the real world on a variety of levels.
For this objective, our MBA students participate in:
- a 20-week internship at a German company
- firm outings and cultural study trips linked to specific coursework, giving them the opportunity to visit a number of iconic cities and experience German culture and history
- an academic excursion led by staff and faculty, in which we explore the business, political and cultural facets of large German cities or the capital cities of our neighbours
The internship, field trips and academic excursion bridge theory and practice. They form an integral part of the curriculum. We consider these activities key to enhance students’ networking abilities and stimulate their integration in Germany, whilst facilitating contact with future employers. Invariably they are memorable experiences.
In the last semester students focus on the master’s thesis. Many students choose to conduct research on an innovative theme in one of their courses, while others prefer a topic relating to their tasks at their internship.
Applicants to the Coburg MBA must have these requirements:
- a 3-year Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) preferably in the field of Business Administration, Commerce or Economics (min. grade of 2,5 on the German scale or a 2.5 GPA on a four-point scale). A Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test is recommended for graduates from other academic disciplines such as engineering, medicine, natural sciences or the humanities.
- at last two years of work experience The MBA Program is designed for students who have full-time work experience before matriculation. Work experience includes opportunities in which students have been able to develop their professional and leadership skills. Applicants with a non-business degree must have at least 1 year practical experience (out of a minimum of 2 years) in the field of commerce.
- Proficiency in English - Applicants must demonstrate their command of English by submitting the results of one of the following tests: TOEFL, IELTS or PTE test results if you attended a non-English undergraduate program.
The following are the required minimum scores:
The required documents include:
- a passport or ID photograph
- a scanned copy of all relevant diplomas, certificates and transcripts of records
- the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE test results
- a scanned copy of your passport
Acceptance and Confirmation
Kindly complete the online application, upload all required documents and send it to us online.
Our admissions process entails the following recommended procedure:
- After uploading the required documents for evaluation to www.uni-assist.de, the first step is to submit an online application which includes assembling a variety of materials that will help us assess your qualifications and work experience.
- Thereupon you may be invited to participate in an initial selection interview. The selection interview typically takes 15 minutes and is designed to evaluate your suitability, motivation and qualification. The interview may be conducted digitally via Zoom.
- Finally - after completion of steps 1 and 2 - the program director may invite you to a final interview, also conducted via Zoom.
All successful applicants are requested to take note of the Joining Instructions.
Note: After arrival in Germany, applicants must present their original certificates and documents (no copies) to confirm their enrolment in the MBA program.
Lecturers of Coburg University
- Prof. Dr. Claus-Burkard Böhnlein, Department of Business and Economics
Management of Projects and Business Simulation | Operations Management
- Prof. Dr. Christian Eckert, Department of Business and Economics
Risk and Insurance Management
- Prof. Dr. Eduard Gerhardt, Department of Business and Economics
Information and Communication Systems | Management of Projects and Business Simulation | SAP/FI
- Dr. Apostolos Gerontas, Department of Applied Sciences
Intercultural Management and Ethics
- Prof. Dr. Mirko Kraft, Department of Business and Economics
Risk Management and Insurance
- Prof. Dr. Jochen Leidner, Department of Business and Economics
- Prof. Dr. Xun Luo, Academic centre for sciences, culture and humanities
Intercultural Management and Ethics
- Prof. Dr. Victor J. Randall, Department of Business and Economics
Applied Risk Management | Financial Markets and Institutions | Project Placement and Coaching Seminar | Master Thesis Seminar
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Schauerte, Department of Business and Economics
Corporate Finance | Quantitative Methods in Finance | Risk Management
- Prof. Dr. Felix Weispfenning, Department of Business and Economics
Business Strategy and International Marketing
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Weiss, Allen & Overy LLP, Germany International Tax and Legal Systems
- Prof. Dr. Muhammad Ashfaq, IU International University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Digital Transformation and Innovative Finance (DTIF)
- Hannelore Bänsch, Hanne Bänsch Consulting and Coaching, Germany
Human Resources, People Management
- Prof. Randall Bolten, Lucidity, USA
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Joachim Fuchs, Deutsche Bank Privat- und Geschäftskunden AG, Germany
- Dr. Christoph Götz, Shearman & Sterling LLP, Germany
International Tax and Legal Systems
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Kähler, FAU Erlangen, Germany
Corporate Finance, Econometrics, Financial Derivatives
- Prof. Dr. Dubos J. Masson, Indiana University, USA
- Philipp Morscheck, DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral-Genossenschaftsbank, Germany
- Ralf Otto, ROI GmbH, Germany, Financial and Management Accounting
- Charles Parry, University of Cambridge, UK
- Alba Patozi, University of Cambridge, UK
- Dr. Marcel Röser, University of Hohenheim, Germany
Financial and Management Accounting
- Wolfgang Strobel, Hauck & Aufhäuser, Germany
Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Prof. Dr. Jeffrey M. Thompson, University of Valley Forge, USA
International Tax and Legal Systems
- Prof. Dr. Reinhard Zintl, University of Bamberg, Germany
Issues in Political Science
Tuition Fees & Scholarship
Tuition fees for the four term program currently comprise 13,800 € in total (3,450 € per Term). In addition, students are required to pay an enrollment fee of around 130 € every term.
Coburg University does not offer scholarships for MBA students, but there are many organizations in Germany which provide scholarships for students from abroad. More information can be found here: Scholarships
Support for International Students
Unlike at larger universities throughout the world, you will not need binoculars in order to see your professor at Coburg University of Applied Sciences and Arts. International students are supported by a student tutoring and counselling system. A social and cultural activities program especially for international students is organised to support their integration process.
Our International Office provides advice, supports you and resolves organizational issues relating to your studies. More information can be found here: Our support for international students
Coburg University is part of the Code of Conduct. It aims to ensure that students from abroad receive the quality of support and advice needed when studying in Germany. The code defines quality standards for foreigners studying at German universities. Go to the Code of Conduct
Are you interested in further information about our master program Financial Management? You can send us a short message.
FIBAA premium seal to FM
A great honour for the university: The Master's programme Financial Management was awarded the FIBAA Premium Seal at the graduation ceremony of the international Master's programmes at Coburg University. Continue reading ...
T. +49 (0)9561 317-636
96450 Coburg (Bavaria)
T. +49 (0)9561 317-325
96450 Coburg (Bavaria)